Weekdays can be pretty hectic in the Scott household, so an easy dinner recipe is gold. Tacos are also our kryptonite. When we are trying to think of a place to eat, we usually end up at Torchy's or any other restaurant that serves tacos - we're obsessed.
Needless to say, this super easy slow cooker pork taco recipe is perfection. It doesn't take much prep time, it's easy to prepare and is juicy and delicious. I'm also a huge fan of cilantro and put it on anything that I can. The cilantro lime coleslaw is a delicious and fresh alternative to coleslaw with a mayo base and it pairs so well with the pork. For other toppings, we chose black beans, some mango pico, guacamole, and queso fresco. Pile all of this onto a corn tortilla and you have a seriously yummy and easy weeknight dinner!
SLOW COOKER SHREDDED PORK TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME COLESLAW
- 1.5 lb carnitas
- 3/4 teaspoons each: onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper
- Half of a large white onion, diced
- chopped cilantro for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix (green cabbage and carrots)
- 4 ounces shredded purple cabbage
- Place pork, spices, and onion in slow cooker and cook for 2-2.5 hours on high or until pork is cooked through and tender.
- Once pork is done, shred with two forks and place back in juices and let set for a few minutes. Sprinkle cilantro on top and stir into meat.
- For coleslaw, place coleslaw mix, purple cabbage, cilantro, and green onion in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over slaw and gently toss to mix.
- Serve pork on corn tortillas with coleslaw, black beans, guac, any other toppings of your choosing!