Who says that we are the only ones that get to enjoy cool summer treats? A couple of years ago I started feeding our pup, Rigby, some frozen treats that I found at the store, and this year I decided to try and make my own. Rigby tends to get crazy hot during Texas summers (he huffs and puffs like you wouldn't believe) and these treats are a great way to help cool him off! I bought this fun dog bone-shaped ice cube tray to add a touch of cuteness (although he doesn't seem to appreciate that quite as much as I do) and they work perfectly.
The ingredients in these treats are so simple. Greek yogurt, peanut butter, banana, and almond milk - that's it! AND BONUS - you can eat these if your little heart desires too! So go give these babies a whirl! Your pup will thank you.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA FROZEN DOG TREATS
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- a splash of almond milk
- Pour all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add as much milk as you need to make the consistency pourable
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray. You can use a regular one or a dog bone-shaped one (I used this one).
- Tap the tray on a solid surface to level out the mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until solid.
- Take out of tray and serve to your pup! Keep extra treats in your freezer.