I'm convince that I'm fish taco's biggest fan. If fish tacos are on the menu, I order them - and I devour them. This recipe for Chipotle fish tacos is super duper easy and feeds about 4-5 people pretty well (if you get 1.5lbs of fish). This is a really great weeknight meal if you are looking for something fast and delicious.
I usually try and marinate my fish overnight which makes it a little spicier and lets the flavors really get in there. This also makes it really simple to make the day you are serving it. you just pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes and you are good to go! Mixed with the Peach Jalapeño Salsa, you just can't go wrong. It's such a great balance of flavors. I usually like to serve this with queso fresco cheese, guacamole, and black beans.
BAKED CHIPOTLE FISH TACOS WITH PEACH JALAPENO SALSA
- 1-1.5 lb Alaskan Cod
- 12 corn tortillas
- Limes for garnish
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 whole chipotles (get chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from chipotle can)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from one lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 1/2 cup diced peaches (about 4 peaches)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a food processor, blend all the marinade ingredients into a fine paste. Brush fish generously with marinade (I rub marinade on both sides) and let marinate for at least one hour (you can also marinade overnight).
- To make the peach salsa, gently rub the peaches with a towel to remove fuzz and keep skin intact. Dice peaches and place in medium bowl. Half and seed the jalapeño and mince as small as possible. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of jalapeño over the peaches. Add the rest of the ingredients and fold to combine.
- When fish is done marinading, preheat oven to 450°F. Bake fish for about 10-12 minutes or until fish is flakey when brushed with a fork and has turned white.
- Heat tortillas over the stove in a skillet by warming each side for a minute or so.
- To assemble your tacos, place fish and salsa inside a corn tortilla. I love to serve these tacos with queso fresco, black beans, and guacamole.