Breakfast in bed is the absolute best (can I get an Amen?!), especially on gloomy days (which seem to be happening a lot in Austin lately). When I wake up on weekday mornings, the hubby has already left for work, so I'm always making breakfast for one - and what better way to enjoy it than in bed?
I recently discovered the 8oz Frieling French Press which is absolutely wonderful for coffee for one. It's the perfect amount (1-2 cups) and since it's double wall stainless steel, it keeps my coffee warm for a long time (you know, so I can stay in bed for hours and have warm coffee). It's also super sleek and cool-looking which is definitely an added bonus in my book. They also have larger sizes for all those brunches you host. Oh and in case you don't know how to make a cup of french press, I wrote a super fun blog on the perfect cup of french press a few weeks ago.
When it comes to breakfast in bed, I want to make something simple but delicious. Avocado toast is all the rage right now and it's so easy to make, so I have given two different ways to make your toast: strawberry-feta-pistachio and bacon-egg-goat cheese. I also used Trader Joe's gluten free whole grain bread which is super delicious. Scroll down for the full recipe!
AVOCADO TOAST TWO WAYS
- Gluten free bread
- 1 avocado
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pistachios, crushed
- Feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bacon
- Goat cheese
- Toast 2 slices of bread in a toaster
- Split avocado in half and spread avocado evenly on each slice of bread (half an avocado covered both pieces for me).
- On one slice of bread, place sliced strawberries, feta cheese, and crushed pistachios. The amount here is totally up to you!
- Fry an egg and place on the second slice of bread.
- Cook your bacon, crumble on top of the egg, and add goat cheese.