Lately breakfast has become my favorite meal of the day. Maybe it's because I usually wake up starving and am so ready to eat, but there is something about sitting down with a healthy breakfast and cup of coffee that has me loving it lately. I usually eat my breakfast after my morning run and Liam goes down for his first nap of the day (around 8am these days), so it's also my time to relax.
What I have come to learn, however, is that I want an easy breakfast. I don't want a complicated, hard to make breakfast. This frittata is the perfect solution. While it does take a little bit to cook, it is crazy easy to prepare. I guess I could put it in the oven before my run (that may be super unsafe though, so don't do what I do!)? This frittata is great for a slow Saturday morning, brunch, heck, even lunch you guys. It's packed with protein, greens, and all the good things (like goat cheese - yes please!). The mint in this frittata also takes it over the edge and into the land of absolute deliciousness.
I chose to cook my frittata in a cast iron skillet (because I love them), but you can also use a deep oven-safe pan if you have one. When serving this frittata I served it with a simple arugula salad (literally just arugula dressed in olive oil and sea salt) and a seasonal salad. Everything went together so nicely and made for the perfect healthy, filling breakfast. Major plus: this also is perfect if you have people over for breakfast - it serves quite a few people!
I'm telling you, this frittata is what breakfast dreams are made of.
*You can shop items I use in this recipe and support Feast & Dwell at the same time by using the affiliate links within the post. When you purchase an item from those links, I make a commission, which helps keep Feast & Dwell up and running. I'm so grateful for your support!
Turkey Sausage & Goat Cheese Frittata with Leeks and Mint
- 12 eggs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1lb turkey sausage
- 2 cups leeks, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add turkey sausage to pan and cook until browned.
- Crack all of your eggs into a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add leeks, spinach, mint, salt, pepper, and cooked turkey sausage. Stir to combine.
- Pour your egg/sausage mixture into your prepared skillet and place in oven to cook for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through. You can test doneness by sticking a fork or toothpick in the middle or by giving your skillet a little shake. If the eggs stay firm, your frittata is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING OPTIONS: I served my frittata with a super simple arugula salad (arugula dressed in olive oil and salt) and seasonal fruit.